Public Relations Intern
Second Harvest Community Food Bank
To apply please email your cover letter, resume and preferred 2-3 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 7, 2012
Primary Functions of the Position: To develop a positive public relations image for Second Harvest. To be a community advocate that hunger is unacceptable. To uphold and achieve success through our mission, vision and values.
This position will offer approximately 10 hours per week with some flexibility. This is a one semester internship.
- Author press releases for publication to a regional database of over 100 media partners across our 19 county service area.
- Author articles for publication in our quarterly newsletter.
- Develop content for the Second Harvest blog.
- Assist at special events i.e. taking pictures and working an information table.
- Assist with monitoring of media mentions.
- Edit and proofread materials.
- Administrative and office duties, as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Working on a degree in Communications, Public Relations, English or related field.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to relate to individuals of diverse backgrounds, occupations, and personal characteristics.
- Strong telephone skills, ability to meet deadlines, and ability to work independently and with staff to achieve goals.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities.
Work is value, goal and deadline oriented; extensive external contact; extensive computer work.
City: St. Joseph
Position Type: Internship
Desired Major(s): Journalism, Public Relations, Broadcasting, English
Desired Class Level(s): Sophomore, Junior, Senior
Job Function: Communication
Desired Start Date: January 8, 2013
Approximate Hours Per Week: 10